Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Quick and Cute Gift Card Holders

 I know, I know...it's September...barely September, but this super fun gift card holder could be done for any occasion!  I actually had a video recorded for this cute little project and of course between my computer being grouchy and incredibly unreliable internet (never sign up for Century Link) I have been unable to get it loaded for you all!  I love to do videos, so it's been hard dealing with that lately, but I still want to share this cute project, video or not!

As you can see it's the perfect size for a gift card of your choice!!  It fits securely and even has a cute little 'thumb slot' to get the card out easier by your recipient.  
To create it you will start with a sheet of the Trim the Tree Designer Series Paper Stacks.  They measure 6 1/2" X 4 1/2" so you can also use a piece of DSP or card stock measuring that as well.  Score it in landscape orientation at 1 1/2" and 4 1/2".  On the 4 1/2" side (the wider piece) use the Small Oval Punch to punch out a 1/2 oval for your thumb slot.  Then you simply fold it over, top and bottom and tie a piece of ribbon around to hold it together and decorate as you see fit!  

This gift card holder will be part of my Christmas Stamp a Stack for September on the 20th.  You will create 3 each of these 4 designs for a total of 12 cards!  Cost is $15 or FREE with a minimum order that day.  This class is also available by mail!  Contact me HERE if you would like to get this class in the mail!
Click on the "Classes" Tab at the top of the page for more information about this month's classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment