Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Masked Butterfly


One of my favorite color combinations are Baked Brown Sugar and Crisp Cantaloupe.  Together they create muted beauty.  Combine them with our Naturals White Card Stock and you have perfection!
Listen to me, I sound like a foodie explaining the latest and greatest dish!  
Another fave of mine is the Hardwood background stamp.  I've used that stamp probably more than any other stamp I own!  From birthday cards to sympathy cards it's the bomb diggity!
This look is actually referred to as a "masking technique".  You mask part of the paper in which you do not want to be 'inked' and stamp or sponge the exposed paper.  To do this particular card I took a large post it note and punched a 2 1/2" Circle in it.  I then laid it over top of my Natural White Card Stock and stamped my Hardwood Stamp.  When you remove that post it note, the image will appear beneath.  You can do this technique with any stamp you want.  I've done it to do sponging, spritzing, you name it.


The Butterfly is from Papillion Potpourri with a sweet little long tailed bow made from our Thick Baked Brown Sugar Bakers Twine.  I'm sure some of you are wondering where the sentiment is from.  I will give you a hint...it's not from the Annual Catalog, it's not a Photopolymer set and it's not even in the Holiday Catalog.  It's an incentive stamp set that you can EARN FOR FREE!!!  Yes, FREE!  Watch for details to come!  In the meantime, I hope you enjoy this sweet little card.  It will be part of my Just Cards Class for September!

Supply List:



No comments:

Post a Comment