Monday, June 23, 2014

Rainbow Fringe Birthday

Today marks the actual birthday of my first born, Abby.  She's 5 today...how did that happen?!  Hard to believe she will be starting Kindergarten in the fall this year.  Just yesterday she was this precious little 7 pound bundle of love and now she's blossoming to a beautiful little girl with opinions and interests of her own.
I designed this card to coordinate with the theme of her birthday party which was My Little Pony, specifically Rainbow Dash.  If you saw my previous post you have seen her adorable cake and decorations that all coordinated with the rainbow them.  
This card can be ready to go in a matter of minutes and certainly packs a wow punch.
Fringe scissors are the bomb!  You can do anything from ombre techniques like this one to paper flowers with them.  I just took strips of paper that measured 1 1/2" X 4 1/4" and trimmed about 3/4 of the way up with my Fringe Scissors leaving about a 1/4" to 1/2" space left.  Adhere a strip of SNAIL to the back of each of the strips layering them up the card in a rainbow pattern.  You can put them as close together or far apart as you like.  I stamped the top in Soft Suede ink from the set Four You at the top and wrapped the card with a long piece of White Baker's Twine.
If you noticed the card base it isn't Crumb Cake...do you know what it is?  If you have looked through the catalog a few times you probably recognize it...it's Kraft Card Stock!  That's right!  Stampin' Up! now carries it!  It comes in 12" X 12" sheets and I absolutely love it!  


Now off to spend some quality time with my sweet princess before she grows up..

Supply List:


No comments:

Post a Comment