Thursday, May 8, 2014

Some Vintage Flair

 Although I love vintage cards I don't do them often enough.  This card is inspired by the amazing Ronda Wade.  She used the Work of Art stamp set we demonstrators received from the Catalog Premiere to create a class using this set. One of the cards was similar to this one, but of course I have put my own spin on it.  You can visit the site I am referring to at www.mystampingbestfriend.com Be sure to sign up so you can see her class and I was even guest stamper in April, so you can see my exclusive project and  tutorial there!  This set is very 'my style' so creating with it is a breeze!  Although this card has many elements and provides a serious WOW factor you can create just a stunning projects with only stamps, ink and paper with this set!  It's gorgeous!  This beautiful card starts with a simple Crumb Cake card base.  No Allayers, just the base.  Stamp your chevron image with Rich Razzleberry ink and the 'paint swish' in Crumb Cake ink.  
Layer on your Tea Lace Paper Doily.  You can either trim off the excess that hangs over the side, or just do what I did, and fold it over with a little SNAIL adhesive.  Punch a 2 1/2" circle from the Gold Foil Fancy Vellum and layer that on top of the doily.  You can just use a short strip of SNAIL to adhere it right in the middle, because the next circle will cover it up.  Stamp your sentiment in Rich Razzleberry ink and punch it out with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.  You could either pop this up with a dimensional or just use SNAIL to adhere it. Then all I did was take a piece of the Gold Sequin Trim and looped it around the front of the card.  It's essentially tied in a knot in the front to keep it together and a trick I used to keep it where I wanted it was to apply a couple Mini Glue Dots behind it.  
I hope you enjoyed this card and look forward to seeing what you will make with this fabulous set once it becomes available on June 2nd!!
Then again, if you are impatient like me, you can get it NOW, it's available on the PREORDER for Demonstrators!  Click HERE to join my team and get this fabulous set as part of your kit!

Supply List:
(minus the Work of Art Stamp Set as it's not available to customers until June 2, 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment