Saturday, March 29, 2014

Pickett Fence Fun

 
If you haven't seen the new Hardwood Stamp in the 2014 Occasions Catalog, you are going to fall in love!  Such a simple idea, a wood background, but it add so much character to so many different projects.  If you are a blog follower, you have seen me use it many times, but not like this!  I created this super cute little fence by stamping in Soft Suede ink onto Crumb Cake Card Stock and then cutting strips of paper following the "planks" of wood lines.  Once I had my strips cut I just trimmed the tops to look like a picket fence.  I sponged around the edges lightly with Soft Suede ink to give the planks a little more depth and then used SNAIL adhesive to adhere them to the card.  I popped up the two horizontal planks with dimensionals for a 2D kind of feel.  The sun is a 1 3/4" circle punch in Daffodil Delight, also sponged for dimension.  The clouds are actually from the Cupcake Builder punch!  They are the 'frosting' part of the cupcakes!  I sponged them very lightly with Pool Party ink.  Happy Easter is from the Delightful Dozen stamp set and stamped in Pool Party ink on Soft Sky Card Stock.  I really love this card and hope you do too! 


Supply List:
Soft Sky Card Stock
Crumb Cake Card Stock
Whisper White Card Stock
Daffodil Delight Card Stock
Pool Party Classic Ink
Soft Suede Classic Ink
Daffodil Delight Classic Ink
1 3/4" Circle Punch
Cupcake Builder Punch
Delightful Dozen Stamp Set
Hardwood Stamp Set
Dimensionals
SNAIL Adhesive
Paper Trimmer

2 comments: