Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mommy's Stamp Room

Many of you know I recently did a serious over haul of my Stamp Room.  Although the photos below are relatively plain and undecorated, they were the photos I took after moving my 'important stuff' back into my space.  It shows the functionality of my space and how I use it.  Decorating in my future!
 
This is my business side of life desk.  I do my computer work, orders, phone calls, ect. from this desk.  I have a white board calendar on the wall that has all of my Stampin' Up! events, classes and other important dates to remember that month.

 
This is my actual 'stamping desk'.  It stands like an island in the room so that I can easily get around it and have access to all of my tools and other goodies.  Believe it or not it's 2 bookcases from IKEA with a table top attached to the top.  It's the perfect height of 36" so I can stand and stamp comfortably.  
 
The two units on either side of the fireplace contain all sorts of goodies!  My ink pads and such are on top of the unit on the right and my clear blocks, adhesives and envelopes.  The center of the island has a basket that contains my every day tools and such.  My paper snips, ribbon scissors, paper piercer, ect. are all in that basket for easy access.
 

 
Under the shelf on the wall is a cube unit that contains all of my catalogs, flyers, order forms, magazines, things of that nature.  They are easy for me to grab in this location and it helps me keep track of what I need to order when my catalog stash is getting low.  The shelf above this cube unit has cards I have received from customers and other demonstrators.  I love to get them and they are proudly displayed in my Stamp Room.
 
This is one side of the Island Book Shelf Unit my husband built.  The 2 baskets on top contain my scraps....not very organized I might add...oops.  The 12X12 boxes contain DSP organized by "Current Mini Catalog", "Current Annual Catalog" and "Specialty Papers".  This system works really well for me.  Below that is a shoebox of cards I can quickly grab from when needed.  They are organized by occasion.  My ribbon hoard is in the containers next to that.  Still working on getting a ribbon shelf up.  Below are just more cards waiting for a home : )
 
The other side of the unit has all of my "tool" and such.  The basket holds all of my embossing folders, framelits, and Bigz Dies.  My Stampin' Trimmer sits next to that.  My Big Shot and Simply Scored Tool live on the shelf below that.  At the very bottom is my baby...my CARL cutter.  Oh how I love that paper cutter...amazing...



So that's the basics of my new Stampin' Space.  I hope you enjoyed the photos!  Let me know if you have any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment