Monday, March 17, 2014

Hip Hip Horray!


I'm so happy to say that my stamp room renovation is almost complete!  Waiting for one more piece of furniture and then it will be done!  Wahoo!!  In celebration of such wonderful news, I decided to break out some SAB items and create a happy little card using a color I think sometimes we are afraid of.  Basic Black is our go to for sentiment stamps, outline image stamps, watercolor image stamps, maybe even a background behind other papers.  Yet, we seem so afraid to break it out as the "main" color!  Black can help you in lots of ways, first of all it makes color 'pop'.  These cute little banners are so much more vibrant against black card stock versus just plain white.  Of course you wouldn't be able to stamp on it with most colors, but with the help of my Whisper White Craft Ink Pad I stamped my "Hip Hip Horray" without  a problem!  You could of course also use the White StazOn pad as well.  With some Pool Party Candy dots at the top this card is finished in style.  I hope you will break out your Basic Black Card Stock and create something 'on the edge'!
 
Supply List:
Crisp Cantaloupe Card Stock
Basic Black Card Stock
Hip Notes Stamp Set
Whisper White Craft Ink
Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack (SAB item)
Banner Punch (SAB item)
Sweet Sorbet DSP (SAB item)
Subtles Collection Candy Dots

No comments:

Post a Comment