Friday, February 7, 2014

Watercolor Technique

Some stamps just scream "Watercolor me!!!" and in my opinion Vivid Vases is one of those stamps!  Creating this beautiful technique is simple with just a few tools.  I stamped my image on a piece of Whisper White Card Stock with Jet Black StazOn Ink.  It's very important that you use a high quality cardstock and a permanent ink.  If you were to try and 'watercolor' after stamping an image with Classic Basic Black ink it would run and smudge and be sooooo not pretty!  So be sure to use StazOn.  Once you are sure your image is completely dry, it only takes a moment, you can start coloring in the image.  I always use a Blender Pen to watercolor, I prefer the control it gives me, however you can of course create the same effect with the Aqua Painter.  Watch the video below to see how I used the Blender Pen and some of our Classic ink to create this simple, yet beautiful card!
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel so you know when I upload a new video!
 
 
Supply List:
Smoky Slate Card Stock #131202
Whisper White Card Stock #100730
Watercolor Wonder DSP #132994
Vivid Vases Stamp #133818
StazOn Jet Black Pad #101406
Smoky Slate Classic Ink Pad #131179
Tangerine Tango Classic Ink Pad #126946
Daffodil Delight Classic Ink Pad#126944
Island Indigo Classic Ink Pad #126986
Blender Pens #102845

No comments:

Post a Comment